Ultimate Blog Party ’09
Welcome to The Violet Fig. My name is Becky and I’ll be your tour guide today. Ok, that’s about as clever as it gets- Ha! This is the first time I’ve partied with the UBP, so I guess I’m supposed to introduce you to my blog. I’m a 31 year old kindergarten teacher, living in Georgia with my husband and two kids- ages 12 and 9.
- I love to garden- this is something that I NEVER in my life thought I would like. I despised it when my mom made me pull weeds. Now, in MY garden, I just love to plan the flowers so they’ll be more beautiful every year. And the vegetable garden? I can’t get over fresh tomatoes and cukes. Nothing compares.
- I love to read. I always have a book in hand. See my favorite authors at that link.
- I am a tv addict. My favorite is LOST, but I’m also addicted to these.
- As you can see, I do a little something called Top Ten Tuesday over at one of my rl bff’s blog, www.ohamanda.com.
- I also enjoy a little Wordless Wednesday.
- I love have to cook. I do love to read cooking blogs…like Cakewrecks and The Pioneer Woman.
- Even with my distaste for cooking, I’ve started planning weekly menus in my quest to be debt free, a la Dave Ramsey. It’s been going well. My next bloggy goal is to share about that.
- Even with my distaste for cooking, I love food, I love to watch travel shows that have to do with food (Anthony Bourdain, Andrew Zimmern) and I love to go out to eat. Unfortunately I married a man who hates to go out to eat. That makes for a very sad me.
So, that’s a little peek into my life. I hope you stay a while!
I donated a prize for the contest (I’m number 63) and if I win here are the top three prizes I would want:
- 19 — $50 gift certificate to Target Stores
Provided by: Shoot-Me-Now
- 21 — $50 gift certificate to Target Stores
Provided by: Agoosa -
- 22 — $50 gift certificate to Target Stores
Provided by: Beginner Baby Blog
Yeah, can you tell I like Target? If I don’t win those, I’d also love these: 116, INTL 1, 36, 55.